Saturday 14 January 2012

The Cooking Commandments

Welcome to my blog, Bachelor Chow. I'm a student living on a tight budget who loves to cook.  I'll be writing and posting pictures of the the meals I've created over the my 4 years of university life. While this blog is officially a project for Niagara College's Public Relations & Marketing program, I also hope it serves as a bit of reference for the future.

This is my first official post, so I figured I'd give a bit of insight into my methods. Here are my 10 Cooking Commandments that I just made up right now.


  1. Thou shalt use the fewest dishes possible to complete the meal, including making plates irrelevant by eating directly out of the pan/pot/tray/dish.
  2. Thou shalt cherish thy slow-cooker and Foreman grill.
  3. Thou shalt make any meal more filling by putting it between two slices of bread; sandwiches are proof God loves us and wants us to eat delicious food without utensils.
  4. Thou shalt put cheese and garlic on anything and everything possible. (Except desserts.)
  5. Thou shalt eat healthy whenever funds allow - Lean meat and veggies is a treat compared to chicken fingers.
  6. Thou shalt barbecue whenever possible.
  7. Thou shalt be inspired by this guy and these guys.
  8. Thou shalt try every style of cooking to prevent boredom.
  9. Thou shalt drink beer with dinner in the summer, wine in the winter, and liquor whenever necessary.
  10. Thou shalt make enough to share.

2 comments:

  1. I also live by the cheese & garlic rule! They are necessities. I'm excited to see what you come up with!! Feel free to bring samples to class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! Story of my life when I was at university! Healthy food consumption is directly proportional to how much money I have! Excellent start :)

    ReplyDelete